Monday, April 1, 2013

"Don't stop skankin'!"

Here's a tour poster I did back in December for my pals, Reel Big Fish, but forgot to post it.

(click for larger)

This poster was for the US leg of the world tour which was this past January and February. Since the tour was in support of the album they released last July, which I also illustrated, I knew I wanted to incorporate the same characters. For those who don't recognize him, the guy in the middle who is at the mercy of these cuddly sadists is Aaron Barrett, the singer and guitar player for the band. 

On a side note, this is the first piece I inked using my new Wacom Cintiq. Previously, I had inked things like the album cover in Adobe Illustrator and it was all just vector paths. I think I could do much better better now that I've had more experience with the Cintiq. I'll be posting some samples of my more recent inked projects in the next day or two.

Here are a few of the early concepts for the poster.

 (click for larger)

(click for larger)
 
 (click for larger)

(click for larger)

No comments: