Saturday, November 28, 2009

Oh, how the wine talks!


“See, this is EXACTLY the kind of shit I’m talking about!”
8x10
Acrylic on paper.

Not too much to say about this one. I didn’t have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving, so I put away about 2 bottles of Merlot (along with a pack o’ ramen). After I was good ‘n stewed, I blasted the stereo and just started drawing. The nice thing about drawing while pickled on cheap wine is that I’m much looser with it and I’m more free with my exaggeration and poses. I painted this drawing and will be dropping it off for the December ’09 “Price Less” show at Hive Gallery. Details below. Painting this was actually kind of a bitch. The acrylic went on the paper terribly. I had to add several layers and I was left with visible brush strokes. I need to start trying out and experimenting with some new materials. Cel vinyl? Gauche? Anybody have any suggestions or advice? I did like using this paper since it took care of my usual problem of not having a background. Call it laziness. Call it lack of talent. Either way, I’ll cop to it.

No comments: